Our appellate attorneys are known for stellar results and a team approach to appeals. We are often brought in as “counsel of last resort” — when the trial verdict didn’t go the right way and fresh analysis and advocacy are needed on appeal.
Success on appeal requires creativity, sophisticated analysis, and a fresh approach. It’s that combination that has led us to one success after another, not only for matters we handled in the trial court, but also for appeals on matters where Parker Hudson did not serve as trial counsel.
Because of our size and experience, we are able to offer the same superb quality as big-firm appellate teams, with attorneys who are equally well credentialed, but with fee arrangements that provide better value for the client.
Though we often serve as lead appellate counsel, many clients and other law firms have also brought us in as consultants, tapping our experience and insight to help them prepare an effective argument at any level of appeal.
Our approach includes:
- Offering representation to plaintiffs and defendants, appellants and appellees alike, whether they are businesses or individuals
- Bringing our appellate experience to a wide range of cases and legal issues, ranging from complex business torts or commercial cases to personal injury claims
- Recruiting top-quality attorneys with appellant experience to join our team, including former federal appellate law clerks
- Providing analysis of post-trial motions, including cases in where we were not the trial counsel, and briefing
- Seeking a JNOV (judgment notwithstanding verdict) or new trial whenever appropriate
- Putting the client’s best interests and goals first, whether we are serving as lead appellate counsel or as consultants
- Leveraging the issue-specific experience and insight of Parker Hudson’s other practice groups
We have significant experience handling appeals in federal and state courts, both in Georgia and beyond. In fact, we recently obtained the reversal of a $5.5 million jury award after being brought in as post-trial and appellate counsel for a client that had suffered a serious loss at trial while represented by different counsel. Through our post-trial briefing, we secured a new trial for the client and then re-tried the case and achieved a complete defense verdict, which we then successfully defended on appeal.
Many of our attorneys have been selected as Georgia Super Lawyers or Georgia Rising Stars. Additionally, our team includes attorneys who have spoken on appellate issues and presented CLE instruction to other attorneys regarding appellate practice.
- Appeals from state trial court
- Georgia Court of Appeals appeals
- Georgia Supreme Court appeals
- U.S. Appeals Court appeals (Eleventh Circuit and other Federal appeals)
- Appeals outside of Georgia
- Post-trial briefing & analysis (post-trial counsel)
- JNOV / New trial
- Lead appellate counsel representation
- Appeals consulting