Feb 24, 2022
At Parker Hudson, we provide creative, business-rooted solutions to commercial disputes, protecting our clients’ interests through negotiation, litigation, and proactive protective strategies. And when litigation does arise, our attorneys have the kind of real trial experience that leads to successful results.
Companies will inevitably experience disputes which threaten to disrupt or distract from their business objectives. Our team focuses on solutions grounded in a business’s practical needs. We emphasize negotiation and a path toward resolution that does not involve litigation whenever possible. But when litigation becomes necessary or advisable, Parker Hudson's deep bench of experienced trial attorneys can put together a thorough and cost-effective plan of action, focused on achieving our clients’ goals and protecting their interests.
Our approach includes:
- Assessing your risks in a potential dispute and then taking proactive steps to maximize the chance for a successful outcome
- Being equally comfortable representing companies pursuing or defending claims
- Crafting creative and effective litigation strategies to pursue or defend commercial claims
- Understanding not only your goals but also the goals of the opposing party, finding in-roads for effective negotiation and early resolution when possible
- Ongoing strategic reassessment of the strength of the claims and defenses throughout the pendency of a dispute
- Representation by attorneys with substantial trial experience in presenting business issues to judges, juries, and arbitrators
- Offering the bench depth and experience of larger law firms but at rates and fee arrangements that provide more value to the client, including alternative fee structures for certain kinds of cases
- Consulting with attorneys in Parker Hudson’s many other practice groups whenever appropriate
- Breach of contract disputes
- Breach of fiduciary duty disputes
- Class action defense
- Merger and acquisition disputes
- UCC disputes
- Business tort and unfair competition disputes
- Corporate governance and corporate ownership disputes
- Contractor / subcontractor litigation and counseling
- Insurance coverage disputes
- IT disputes
- Commercial real estate disputes
- Healthcare litigation
- “Bet the company” disputes
- Financial services litigation
- Negotiation, mediation, arbitration, and trial advocacy
- Representing product manufacturer relating to power outage at a major international airport.
- Successfully represented large credit card processor in a complex commercial dispute concerning credit card processing agreement with a major bank-issuer.
- Successfully represented a manufacturer of credit card devices in a case brought by a national retail chain alleging breach of a purchase contract and fraud.
- Represented one of nation's largest insurance brokers in lawsuit against major competitor and disappointed corporate suitor in the Delaware Court of Chancery asserting breach of a Confidentiality Agreement. Our strategy prevented unlawful poaching and allowed the sale transaction to a different competitor to close.
- Represented a software company in litigation relating to the alleged breach of a non-disclosure agreement entered with a competitor in connection with the consideration of a potential joint venture. Our client denied misusing confidential information and denied any wrongdoing. We were able to resolve the case early in the litigation and obtain dismissal of the lawsuit and the competitor's motion for injunctive relief, without our client having to incur substantial legal fees.
- Defend restaurant franchisor in joint employer-based claims of sexual harassment and gender discrimination and retaliation in connection with one former general manager and one server. The employment agreements between the two employees and the franchisee required arbitration in New York. One has been resolved, the other is pending arbitration.
- Represent large car part manufacturing facility in response to OSHA investigation of press operator injury and possible product liability issues.
- Defend hospital system in race discrimination and breach of contract suit by former physician who had her clinical privileges revoked. Plaintiff claimed that she was being denied constitutional due process after she failed to timely request a hearing. We successfully obtained a dismissal of her claims by the lower court, her appeal is pending in the Georgia Court of Appeals.
- Represented national bank in insurance coverage dispute arising out of significant tort claim filed in Florida.
- Represented medical provider in insurance coverage dispute arising out of data breach incident.
- Represented largest Canadian defaulted debt recovery company in cross-border dispute regarding investments in several hundred million dollars of consumer debt portfolios. Matter settled after client prevailed in litigated injunctive relief hearing.