Aug 20, 2020
In the face of scientifically and technically complex claims, our product liability defense attorneys provide experienced and strategic litigation defense for manufacturers, retailers, and distributors.
Whether you face a liability claim arising out of design, manufacturing, engineering, packaging, labeling, warning, warranty, or other grounds, Parker Hudson offers attorneys with well-rounded experience and trial skills. We are intimately familiar with the relevant state and federal regulations across a wide spectrum of industries.
We emphasize practical strategies and outside-the-box thinking, making ourselves available as adjuncts to your business operations and advocates for your success. Our clients turn to us for insightful advice and effective tactics that protect them against risk and liability. Several of our clients have called on us to act as coordinating counsel for various types of mass tort or product liability litigation.
Our approach includes:
- Recognizing that you have business interests beyond the pending litigation and making those critical factors in the development of our litigation strategy
- Safeguarding your reputation for integrity and your all-important relationships with clients and customers throughout the pendency of a dispute or trial
- Maintaining active relationships with engineering experts in a range of industries
- Staying abreast of the regulatory landscape as it relates to your industry and your company so that our litigation strategies are always made in context and informed by your business objectives
- Aggressively seeking discovery to uncover key defensive facts
- Analyzing your case from the perspective of opposing counsel and/or regulatory agencies, identifying cost-effective paths toward compromise or settlement whenever they might be available
- Counseling your company on risk avoidance, offering advice from the early stages of product development to the end stages of litigation defense and/or appeal
- Offering flexibility and pricing discretion to efficiently handle multidistrict litigation, serial product liability cases, class action claims, multi-million-dollar cases, and/or punitive damages, as well as more routine litigation
- Complex machinery
- Consumer products
- Emergency warning equipment
- Food and beverage
- Industrial equipment
- Motor vehicles
- Automotive parts and accessories
- Toxic torts
- Representing product manufacturer relating to power outage at a major international airport.
- Southeastern regional counsel for manufacturer of consumer electronics in lawsuits alleging negligent design and manufacture of products.
- Successfully represented major manufacturer of consumer electronics in multi-defendant wrongful death lawsuit, which raised issues of insurance coverage, contract interpretation, contractual and common law indemnification obligations, negligence, and punitive damages.
- Successfully represented a manufacturer of credit card devices in a case brought by a national retail chain alleging breach of a purchase contract and fraud.
- Represented a national insurance broker in litigation arising out of an aircraft insurance policy relating to a fatal crash in DR Congo. Obtained complete dismissal from Delaware Superior Court on motion to dismiss. After oral argument, the Delaware Supreme Court affirmed.