Parker Hudson provides rapid and sage advice in the face of complex or time-sensitive insolvency issues. We offer full-service counseling and litigation, not only for lenders and other creditors but also for distressed businesses, trustees, receivers, examiners, and court appointed monitors.
Parker Hudson’s bankruptcy, restructuring, and creditor rights work takes a best-of-both-worlds approach.
We are smaller than many of the firms practicing in this arena — giving you the benefit of a concentrated team working together to advance your interests — but we also have extensive experience and knowledge across the whole spectrum of bankruptcy and related law. We believe our bench depth is as proven and substantial as that of the larger firms operating in this same space.
We also balance our legal insights with business acumen, always tempering the abstract (what we can do under the law) with the practical (what you should do for your business’ best interests and bottom line). We are aware that our clients are not looking for someone to “over-lawyer” their restructuring or insolvency issues.
To that end, we offer a blend of high-quality legal services and cost-efficient value. This careful balance has allowed us to build a robust and sophisticated clientele.
Our approach includes:
- Hands-on working knowledge of the many legal and practical issues involved in secured lending (the life blood of most companies, regardless of their industry or operational status)
- Close working relationship with Parker Hudson’s many other practice groups, including our commercial finance team, creating an all-important “whole firm” experience for our clients while still maintaining cost-efficient billing
- A blend of litigation and documentation backgrounds, enabling each attorney to function effectively in a broad range of situations without the need for excessive staffing or costly compartmentalization of work.
- Lean but effective staffing, combined with a rate structure that is below that of many other Tier-One law firms (which are typically larger and accustomed to heavier staffing)
The attorneys in this practice group include three fellows in the American College of Bankruptcy, one of them also a Fellow in the American College of Commercial Finance Lawyers. Additionally, many of the members of this team enjoy high ratings in Chambers USA, among other career achievements and accolades.
- Problem loan workouts
- Lender liability
- Assignments for the benefit of creditors
- Restructuring services
- Chapter 11 debtor representation
- DIP financing
- Cash Collateral
- Adequate protection
- Distressed mergers and acquisitions
- Chapter 11 plan process
- Committee representation
- Fraud investigations
- Fiduciary duty liability
- Auditor malpractice
- Avoidance and subordination actions
- Examiner role
- Agency enforcement actions
- Bankruptcy mediation