When complications arise in the course of commercial real estate or construction, we draw on our deep experience in real estate law to confidently and competently advance our clients’ interests.
The worlds of commercial real estate and construction are contentious. Disputes are not uncommon. Our clients come to us because they need experienced lawyers who can negotiate a cost-effective outcome and, if necessary, represent them aggressively at trial.
We have tried and won a broad spectrum of real estate related cases, including eminent domain cases, and our lawyers also have extensive experience in construction related cases.
When businesses in this arena need an effective advocate who can speak their language and get the job done, we are here to provide the business-minded legal counseling and representation they need.
Our approach includes:
- Working closely with Parker Hudson’s Real Estate Transactions practice group on complex cases, as well as the firm’s many other litigation practice groups as needed
- Proposing practical resolutions, keeping in mind not only your litigation goals but also your broader business goals and cost concerns
- Leveraging our credibility in this field to convey a message to your opposing parties about the seriousness of your aims and the credentials of your counsel
- Making our team of experienced lawyers available to you for ongoing support and counseling in “plain English,” free from legalese, without compromising the inherent complexities that define real estate and construction law
- Offering the same depth of experience as larger law firms but rates that are more beneficial to the client
The Real Estate Litigation team at Parker Hudson represents commercial property owners, landlords, general contractors, subcontractors, real estate developers, investors, and brokers.
- Eminent domain
- Contractor/subcontractor disputes
- Commercial construction disputes
- Residential real estate disputes
- Breach of contract
- Breach of promissory notes
- Breach of developer agreements
- Unpaid debts or obligations
- Contract enforcement (buy/sell agreements, security enforcement, etc.)
- Specific enforcement / Injunctive relief
- Liens and Foreclosures
- Commercial landlord / tenant disputes
- Dispossessory proceedings
- Property damage claims
- Commission disputes
- Zoning matters
- Denial of permits
- Ad valorem tax appeals
- Title suits (in both state and federal court)
- Surety suits
- AIA contracts
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (arbitration, mediation)
- Defective products & materials (in both state and federal court)
- Complex or obscure real estate issues
- Represented the owner of one of Atlanta's signature high rise buildings in two parallel federal lawsuits against a major Atlanta restauranteur for breach of a commercial lease. The Firm obtained two judgments in the client's favor and utilized the post-judgment collection process to leverage a significant monetary recovery.
- Represented the owner of a multi-million dollar commercial property in condemnation action and successfully recovered over twice the amount offered by GDOT for acquisition of the owner's property rights while at the same time persuading GDOT to allow the owner to maintain the right-in driveway servicing the property, which GDOT had initially planned to remove.
- Represented a commercial property investor in condemnation action initiated by GDOT. After months of litigation, we convinced GDOT to cancel plans to remove property's right-in drive and to compensate the investor in full for his attorney's fees and costs.
- Successfully recovered over $1.5 million on behalf of leading wireless engineering and consulting company for installation of distributed antenna system in newly constructed football stadium.
- Currently representing wireless engineering and consulting company in AAA construction arbitration to recover amounts owed under construction contract.
- Currently representing trust and trustees in declaratory judgment action to obtain mineral rights to certain real property through adverse possession.
- Currently representing national real estate investment trust in litigation against major wireless service provider in state court action involving alleged breach of cell phone tower lease.
- Compelled specific performance of a multi-million dollar commercial real estate purchase transaction and obtained an award for attorneys' fees and costs.
- Represented Crystal Farms in a successful appeal reversing a bench trial judgment applying incorrect legal standard in construing easement at issue. This case clarified Georgia law regarding the correct standard for interpreting easements.
- Currently representing well-known orthopedic physician practice in commercial lease dispute involving alleged constructive eviction.