Aug 18, 2022
Parker Hudson’s approach to real estate transactions is pragmatic, and therefore effective. We emphasize rapid response, cost-effective pricing, and practical advice grounded in the realities of your business (not in theoretical legal hypotheses). We create value.
Real estate transactions are demanding and complex. We begin each day by committing ourselves to devoting tireless energy and creativity to achieving our client's vision. By way of illustration, our team was lead counsel in real estate acquisitions, dispositions, and financings of approximately $500 million in the aggregate, and in lease transactions totaling over 2.5 million square feet, in 2018 alone.
Clients turn to us because we’ve learned over the years to see the entire spectrum of a real estate transaction, anticipating probable pressure points and helping clients navigate through complications. Just as important, we strive to maintain a level of responsiveness to clients that is unmatched. When you call, we pick up the phone . . . really! Just ask our clients.
Our approach includes:
- Awareness of your business structure, objectives, and concerns
- Excellent and seasoned judgment
- Attention to detail
- Respect for your time
- Timely response, prompt action
- “Plain English,” business-focused legal guidance
- A deep bench
- Experience in complex transactions comparable to that of the largest law firms, with lower rates and better value.
- A genuine desire to be of useful service to you and your business
We understand the frustration that clients often experience with their legal advisors — sluggish responsiveness, “overlawyering,” unpredictable costs, and exorbitant fees. At Parker Hudson, we are committed to providing a different kind of experience.
Our attorneys have real-world experience not only in law but also in commercial real estate development and the corporate world. Everything we do in the Real Estate Transactions practice group is a product of knowing what it is like to be the client.
- Real estate development
- Real estate financing
- Acquisitions and dispositions
- Commercial leasing / landlord and tenant
- Transaction management
- Wetlands and stream mitigation / conservation of ecological uses
- Real estate risk management
- Lead counsel to institutional investment fund in $1.25+ billion of acquisitions, financings, repositioning, and sales of more than 2 dozen mixed-use, office, retail and development assets in 7+ states.
- Lead counsel to developer in structuring, developing and financing a Class A office and retail mixed-use project in West Midtown, Atlanta, GA, including a shared parking facility.
- Lead counsel to institutional investor as landlord in the lease of an office asset to a Fortune 50 company, including accommodating this tenant's desire to structure the lease as part of a "bonds-for title" transaction.
- Lead counsel to joint venture comprised of a well-known developer/operator and institutional investment fund in the refinancing of an office asset in Midtown, Atlanta, GA, by a well-known private equity lender.
- Lead outside counsel for Ulta in leasing over 200 stores throughout the United States.
- Real estate counsel for Georgia's largest non-profit healthcare system in the acquisition of five (5) hospital campuses and related properties in $575 million transaction.
- Lead counsel to a private real estate investment firm in the acquisition and leasing of Sanctuary Park in North Fulton, Atlanta, Georgia.
- Lead outside counsel to the City of Atlanta in the sale of the historic Underground Atlanta project in Downtown Atlanta, which also involved the transfer to the State of Georgia of Bobby Jones Golf Course and Bitsy Grant Tennis Center in exchange for properties in Downtown Atlanta.
- Lead counsel to the landlord in the negotiation of the North American headquarters for a major international automotive company.
- Lead counsel to the landlord in a lease to Arby's Restaurant Group, Inc. (now "Inspire Brands") of 359,000 square feet in the Three Glenlake Building, Atlanta, Georgia, for the company's corporate headquarters.
- Lead counsel to one of the leading national institutional investors in all aspects of its (and its predecessor's) portfolio of dozens of wetlands/stream mitigation banks, conservation banks and other ecological assets located in more than 9 states.
- Lead counsel to various clients in several transactions recognized for local and national "Deal of the Year," "Best in Atlanta" and "Deal of the Week" award designations.
- Assist an alternative investment fund and portfolio manager with a mixed use real estate development project.