sarah r. banda
she | her
t: 404 880 4757
f: 404 522 8409
Sarah Banda is an associate in the firm’s Commercial Finance practice group where she works on a wide range of commercial lending transactions. Sarah’s goal is to efficiently and skillfully represent clients' legal interests and ensure quality across all aspects of documenting and closing deals.
Sarah's knowledge of the Bankruptcy and Uniform Commercial Codes ensures that client's interests are fully understood. Prior to joining the firm, Sarah clerked at the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Georgia for Judges Sigler, Baisier, Ritchey Craig, and Cavender. At her prior firm, Sarah represented creditors in insolvency-related litigation in bankruptcy, federal and state courts.
Sarah serves as a co-director and is a co-founder of the Georgia Latino Law Foundation's Judicial Internship Program. A program that matches Georgia law students with Judicial internships and receives training and supervision throughout the summer.
- Co-author, “Reevaluating Retail REIT Restructurings,” American Bankruptcy Institute Committee Article (October 2020)
areas of focus
- Financial Services
- Commercial Finance
- Emory School of Law (J.D.)
- Columbia College (B.A. in Global Business, summa cum laude)
- Georgia Hispanic Bar Association, Cocktails Around Latin America Committee Chair
- Georgia Latino Law Foundation (GLLF), Co-Director of the GLLF Judicial Internship Program)
- International Women's Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation
- Brookhaven Park Association, Board Member
admitted to practice
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Georgia for Judges Sigler, Baisier, Ritchey Craig, and Cavender