Jun 14, 2019
Bryan Bates is an experienced bankruptcy attorney. Concentrating his practice on business bankruptcy, creditors' rights, and commercial litigation, Bryan has helped clients achieve their goals in all aspects of insolvency and litigation proceedings. His thoughtful strategy and client-focused approach position his clients for the best possible outcomes.
Bryan's extensive experience of how debtor and creditor issues affect day-to-day operations, long-term business viability, and value preservation allows him to provide his clients guidance necessary to achieve a successful outcome, whether as the debtor, purchaser, or creditor in a bankruptcy case. He represents secured and unsecured creditors, debtors, committees, trustees and other parties-in-interest in Chapter 11 reorganization proceedings, insolvency matters, and debtor/creditor litigation, both in and out of Court, including asset sales, reorganizations, litigation, and Chapter 11 proceedings. Bryan also represents parties in business disputes and commercial litigation matters in state and federal courts.
Bryan is committed to providing high quality legal services and helping his clients obtain the best possible outcome. Bryan carefully listens to his clients to understand their needs and goals. Clients know they can depend on Bryan, assured that he will give their matters the utmost care.
- Panelist, "Bankruptcy Cases In The New Millennia – How Fast Is Too Fast: How "Chapter 363" Cases And Pre-Arranged Bankruptcies Are Changing The Landscape Of Restructurings," Georgia State Bar Bankruptcy Section Annual Meeting, December 14, 2017
- National Webinar, "Bankruptcy Fundamentals for Corporate Counsel: Protecting and Enforcing Creditor Claims in a Chapter 11 Proceeding," September 7, 2017
- Co-Author, "Value, Not Face Amount, of Liens Controls in a Battle of Credit Bids," American Bankruptcy Institute Journal, July 2017
- Co-Author, "Supreme Court Closes “Backdoor” Use of Structured Dismissals to Avoid Bankruptcy Code’s Priority System," Journal of Corporate Renewal, July/August 2017
- Panelist, "The Nuts and Bolts of Bankruptcy Law," Georgia ICLE Corporate Counsel Institute, December 16, 2016
- Commercial Disputes
- Restructuring & Bankruptcy
- Mercer University (J.D., cum laude, 2004)
- Georgia Institute of Technology (B.S., summa cum laude, 1999)
- Super Lawyers Georgia Rising Star in Bankruptcy & Creditor/Debtor Rights (2013-2014)
- National Conference of Bankruptcy Judges Next Generation Program
- Turnaround Management Association, Georgia Chapter Small Business Turnaround of the Year
- Turnaround Management Association, Member
- Bankruptcy Section of Atlanta Bar Association, Member
- American Bankruptcy Institute, Member