Aug 17, 2023
Arnold Moore is a skilled real estate attorney and deal closer. Over the course of his career, Arnold has worked with businesses throughout the country on a wide range of commercial real estate transactions. His comprehensive and deal-focused approach serves to keep him closely aligned to his clients' needs.
An Atlanta native, Arnold guides developers and owners in all phases of commercial real estate. These include acquisitions, developments, financings, dispositions, and tax-free exchanges. Arnold also represents both landlords and tenants in commercial leasing. He has handled transactions involving a wide variety of projects nationwide, including apartment complexes, office buildings, mixed use developments, retail centers, hotels, resort residential developments, golf courses, subdivision developments, and industrial buildings. Arnold also represents lenders in commercial real estate lending, conduit lending and purchases and sales of loan portfolios collateralized with real estate.
Arnold understands the pacing of real estate deals and is focused on getting his client's deals closed. At the same time, his diligence and deep understanding of commercial real estate ensures that his clients' interests aren't compromised on even the speediest deals. With his responsive style and business-oriented approach, Arnold ensures his clients are well-positioned to meet their objectives.
- Wall Street Journal "National Deal of the Week" Feb 2015
Represented the private real estate investment firm owner in the lease of entire campus to Lenovo (United States) for its North American headquarters and the subsequent sale of the project.
- Central Perimeter Portfolio Acquisition, finalist in "2007 Best in Atlanta Real Estate Awards"
The firm represented the purchaser of a 19-property, 3 million square feet, portfolio in Atlanta's Perimeter Center market. Over the course of several years, the firm represented the owner in the disposition of his portfolio.
- Mall at Stonecrest, "2000 Retail Deal of the Year" by the Atlanta Business Chronicle
The firm represented Cadillac-Fairview USA, Inc. in connection with its investment in The Mall at Stonecrest, a 1,000-acre development project in DeKalb County, Georgia, anchored by five major department stores.
- Represented a major institutional seller in the sale of a development parcel in the Atlantic Station® Project to Hines Investment for the development of their cutting-edge "T-3" office building concept.
- Served as lead outside counsel to the City of Atlanta in the transfer to the State of Georgia of Bobby Jones Golf Course and Bitsy Grant Tennis Center in exchange for properties in Downtown Atlanta.
- Served as lead outside counsel to the City of Atlanta in the sale of the historic Underground Atlanta project in Downtown Atlanta.
- Counsel to institutional owner in acquisition, existing mortgage loan assumption and subsequent sale of 11-building office and industrial project in Miami, Florida, structured as sale of equity ownership interests.
- Served as the lead outside counsel for the City of Atlanta during the sale of Underground Atlanta in Downtown. Described by Mayor Kasim Reed as one of the most complex real estate transactions in the City's history, the sale of Underground Atlanta was important because it involves the oldest part of the City located in the heart of Downtown. For that reason, the transaction attracted a large amount of public attention and scrutiny. Working closely with the City's law department, our firm guided the transaction through a seemingly endless series of complexities and obstacles, including threatened lawsuits, public street closings and title transfers. The success of the transactions is one of the leading legacies of Mayor Reed's administration.
- Advised the City of Atlanta with regard to title and transaction structuring matters relating to the sale of the Turner Field complex in Downtown Atlanta.
- Represented the seller in a multi-family asset sale.
- Represented a private real estate investment firm purchaser in a sale-leaseback transaction involving a major television broadcasting network's corporate headquarters and broadcast studio building in Cobb County, Georgia.
- Represented a private real estate investment firm in the acquisition of Sanctuary Park in North Fulton, Atlanta, Georgia.
- Served as lead counsel to a private real estate investment firm in the acquisition of the 11-building Interstate North Office Park in Atlanta, Georgia and the closing of the acquisition financing therefor.
- Served as lead counsel to a private real estate investment firm in the sale of the 350,000 square feet Sterling Pointe office complex in Dunwoody, Georgia.
- Lease of Raleigh, NC project to a Silicon Valley tech company and the subsequent sale of the project.
- Real Estate
- Real Estate Transactions
- University of Georgia School of Law (J.D. 1991); Georgia Law Review, Editorial Board, 1989-1990; Phi Delta Phi (President 1990-1991, Treasurer 1989-1990); Golden Key International Honour Society
- University of Virginia (B.A., 1987)
- Recognized by The Best Lawyers in America® in Real Estate Law (2022-2024)
- State Bar of Georgia
- Lawyers Club of Atlanta
- Buckhead Lions Club
- Virginia State Bar
- Atlanta Chapter of Society of Colonial Wars, Past Board Member