Litigation partner Ron Coleman has been a leading voice in support of the recently enacted federal Defend Trade Secrets Act. The DTSA, signed into law on May 11, 2016, creates the first ever federal civil cause of action for misappropriation of trade secrets. Ron was asked to join a group of 18 experienced trade secret litigators from law firms across the country to co-sign a letter to Congressional sponsors urging passage of this legislation, which was entered into the Congressional Record as part of debate on the bill. See the Letter Here He also developed and moderated a program at last month’s ABA Section of Litigation Annual Conference entitled “Federal Defend Trade Secrets Act – New Options and Strategies for Trade Secret Litigation.” The enactment of the DTSA will bring many changes and different strategic choices to trade secret litigation, including access to the nationwide reach of the federal courts and powerful new remedies like an ex parte seizure order to recover misappropriated trade secret materials. Parker Hudson’s knowledgeable and experienced trade secret litigators can help both plaintiffs and defendants navigate this new world of trade secret litigation.
Read our latest thinking on the new Defend Trade Secrets Act. Click Here
- Caroline Talley was invited to join the Board of Councilors of The Carter Center for a three-year term. A not-for-profit, nongovernmental organization, The Carter Center was founded in 1982 by... Read more »January 2017
- Parker, Hudson, Rainer & Dobbs is pleased to announced that Tracy M. Field has joined the firm's Atlanta office as a partner in the Health Law practice group.
"We are... Read more »December 2016
- Ed Dobbs was elected to The Georgia Academy of Mediators & Arbitrators, a chapter of the National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals.
- Eric Anderson will lead a panel at the American Bankruptcy Institute Annual Spring Meeting on April 22 in Washington, DC, on "What Lawyers and Financial Advisors Must Know to Successfully Represent Secured Creditors." The ASM is the ABI's signature annual event, attracting more than 1200 registrants from across the country and around the world. 7/30/2017
- Eric Anderson will speak at the American Bankruptcy Institute's Southeast Bankruptcy Workshop July 30, 2017, in Hilton Head, SC, in an inaugural "Shark Tank" feature. Eric will be one of four "Sharks" evaluating pitches from presenters seeking to "sell" new legislative proposals to address recurring bankruptcy law issues, including restrictions on appointments of creditors' committees, tax exemptions for asset sales under Section 363, increasing statutory compensation for trustees, creation of bankruptcy appellate panels in every circuit, and elimination of debt limits for chapter 13.10/10/2017
- Eric Anderson will speak at the annual National Conference of Bankruptcy Judges in Las Vegas, NV. He will be leading a panel discussion at the annual luncheon of the American Bar Association Business Bankruptcy Committee, discussing recent developments and critical issues in Single Asset Real Estate bankruptcy cases.