When your business buys new technology or enters into SaaS agreements, we’re here to advise you, predicting potential problems and negotiating favorable terms. Our attorneys bring deep IT experience to the table and are operating at the forefront of technology law.
Tech companies are well armed with legal advisors who are looking out for their best interests. At Parker Hudson, we focus our efforts on “the other side of the street,” representing the businesses that buy, use, and consume technology products and services.
With the prevalence of service-and subscription-based technology, there is no static "product" for your IT team to test and select - there is only whatever you are entitled to under the contract with businesses often totally reliant on their technology service vendors for business operations, it is essential to negotiate the most favorable terms possible.
There is a common misconception among businesses buying tech that there is no room to negotiate beyond price. That is rarely the case. No matter how "standard" the forms may seem, there is often a way to arrive at terms that protect you and your company. That's what we do - and we're one of the few law firms offering these services on the business consumer side of things.
Our approach includes:
- Facilitating easy communication between the tech company, your company’s IT operators and buyers, and our Technology Services attorneys
- Getting to know your company, its business model, and its operations goals
- Keeping our fingers tight on the pulse of technology and the IT / SaaS market
- Making realistic assessments of risk, communicating them frankly, and making honest recommendations about the optimal level of protection (but not necessarily the maximal protection, which can be prohibitively expensive)
- Filling the gap between your in-house counsel and the IT/CIO personnel
- Counseling you on your overall strategic technology plan
Parker Hudson’s Technology Service practice group leader originally came from a litigation background and saw firsthand the painful consequences of bad tech contracts as they played out in real time. Our attorneys understand how to spot the pitfalls and “traps” lurking within the vendors’ “standard form” contracts. We draw on our deep experience to protect your business and advance its interests.