Aug 18, 2022
When private organizations or business owners have a legal problem, they trust us to solve it wisely and cost-effectively.
Our corporate and business transactions attorneys provide creative, sophisticated resolution for virtually any issue, problem, or concern that our business clients might face.
Our focus is on finding practical solutions that represent your optimal business outcome, often thinking outside the box. We invite our clients to think of us as easy sources of reliable guidance and strategic advice.
Our approach includes:
- Getting to know your business inside and out, from the day-to-day operations to your overall structure and goals
- Skillfully assessing each legal issue or business opportunity, including its potential curveballs and pitfalls
- Always orienting our strategies and advice toward your best bottom-line strategy
- Facilitating easy communication between your most senior officers and our most senior attorneys
- Analyzing every deal or dispute from the other parties’ perspectives, opening the door to creative and innovative solutions or opportunities that might not be readily apparent
As a mid-sized law firm, Parker Hudson sets itself apart from some of the larger firms practicing in this same arena by offering extensive hands-on support and representation from the most senior partners within our practice group. Our attorneys have comparable experience and a stellar record of success but with fee arrangements that provide better value for the client.
- Serving as outside general counsel for businesses that do not have in-house counsel
- Working alongside in-house counsel for those that do
- Drafting, negotiating, and interpreting contracts
- Business entity formation
- Employment agreements, policy documents, and compensation formulas
- Tax planning
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Buy/Sell agreements
- Severance agreements
- Shareholder agreements
- Operating agreements and LLC agreements
- Letters of intent
- Reorganizations and recapitalizations
- Owner disputes
- Business transition and succession planning
- Private placements
- Engaging and working with investment bankers and private equity groups
- Independent contractor agreements
- Indemnification agreements
- Stock and asset acquisitions and sales
- Confidentiality agreements
- Assist private equity client with capital raise/rollout of franchising operation.
- Assist management of a large Southeast distributor of air compressors and related equipment in acquiring majority control of the company from a private equity group and simultaneously assist the company with a corporate restructuring, recapitalization, equity raise from another private equity group, and financing consisting of secured asset-based credit facility (consisting of revolving loan and term loan) and a secured mezzanine loan facility.
- Assist medical coding services company in sale to strategic buyer.
- Assist a commercial construction company in succession planning for ownership and management.
- Assist a healthcare company with private placement of convertible notes offering.
- Assist a private construction firm in succession planning for ownership and management.
- Assist a wealth management advisory firm and affiliates with a restructuring involving buyout of certain owners, admission of new owners, and related commercial financing.
- Assist private equity client with capital raise and roll up of business services companies to create national footprint.
- Assist a medical device company with a roll up with affiliates and transfer of control to a private UK equity group.
- Assist an accounting firm with a CPA firm acquisition.
- Assist European materials company with sale of goods to, and supply agreement with, US company.
- Assist a wealth management advisory firm with an acquisition of a wealth management firm.
- Assisted law firm in structuring entity to acquire and own a partnership interest in its office building.
- Assist publicly traded company in India acquire stock in US corporation.
- Assist a manufacturer of compression garments in undertaking a F Reorganization in connection with the sale and contribution of 100% of its equity to a private equity fund sponsored strategic buyer.
- Assist medical group with sale of majority ownership interest in ambulatory surgery center to hospital and negotiate operating agreement for joint ownership of surgery center.
- Assist in sale of 100% of packaging company to strategic buyer.
- Assist engineering firm in amending and restating partnership agreement to admit next generation of partners.
- Assist medical group in acquisition of competing medical group.
- Assist dermatology practice in merging three medical practices into one entity.
- Assist technology installation business in expulsion of member and redemption of equity in company.
- Assist staffing company in expulsion of member and redemption of equity in company.
- Assist medical group with termination of CEO and negotiation of severance arrangement.
- Assist physician in purchase of real estate holding company from other partners.
- Assist multiple physicians in negotiating service line agreement with hospital.
- Assist family entertainment center business in creation of holding company and transfer of ownership in multiple LLCs to new company.
- Assist in sale of a chemical manufacturing company to management.
- Assist multi-business line holding company in development of phantom equity plan.
- Assist a corrosion control distributor in undertaking a F Reorganization in connection with the sale and contribution of 100% of its equity to a private equity fund sponsored strategic buyer.