Shawn W. Hardister, CPA, CFP®, has over 30 years of experience as a CPA, and 15 years as a CFP®. He is primarily responsible for improving financial performance through working with the firm’s attorneys, staff, and clients. His role incorporates many specialties, including analytics, pricing, profitability, data management, and process improvement.
Prior to joining Parker Hudson, Shawn was a Partner at Moore Colson, CPAs and Advisors, where he focused on tax and financial planning, specializing in professional services firms, particularly law firms and physician practices. Prior to that, Shawn was an Owner and Partner of Brooks, McGinnis & Company, LLC CPAs in Atlanta, Georgia where he managed numerous tax and audit client relationships, expanded the firm’s client base in the nonprofit audit and closely-held company tax niches, and advised clients on accounting, profitability improvement, operating agreements, compensation models, financial and succession planning, and tax planning and compliance matters. Shawn also taught continuing education classes for the Georgia Society of CPAs and the Georgia Center for Nonprofits. He began his career with the Raleigh, North Carolina office of Price Waterhouse.
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (B.S., Business Administration, Accounting, 1987, with Honors)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Georgia Society of Certified Public Accountants (GSCPA)
- Atlanta Association of Legal Administrators (AALA)
- Atlanta Track Club: Past Board Chair, Treasurer, Executive Committee member, and Board Member (2011-2021)
- National Down Syndrome Congress and NDSC Foundation: Past Executive Committee Member, Treasurer, Board Member (2009-2021)