Nirouz is an associate in the firm’s Healthcare practice group. She represents hospitals, healthcare systems, and individuals working in the healthcare industry. Nirouz aims to address each client matter with precision and key industry knowledge necessary to deliver quality services.
Nirouz offers healthcare clients a diverse range of skillsets in the fields of regulatory compliance, transactions, and healthcare litigation. Areas of experience include compliance with fraud and abuse principles and the Stark Law, defense of providers in government and internal investigations and False Claims Act litigation, representation of providers in reimbursement dispute proceedings, and advice related to healthcare facility permitting and licensure. Clients working with Nirouz can expect a thorough and detail-oriented approach, highly accessible communication style, and a focus on advancing clients' legal and business goals in the most effective and efficient way possible.
Prior to joining Parker Hudson, Nirouz served as a law clerk for the Honorable Abdul K. Kallon on the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Alabama.
- Represented client with respect to acquisition of interest in a cancer center joint venture.
- The firm served as lead counsel for hospital system in Provider Reimbursement Review Board appeal seeking substantial additional Medicare reimbursement for allowable Medicare bad debt.
- The firm served as lead counsel for Hospital System in Provider Reimbursement Review Board appeal seeking substantial additional Medicare reimbursement for allowable Medicare Disproportionate Share of Hospital payments.
- The firm serves as lead counsel in representation of not-for-profit hospital system in challenge to Georgia Department of Community Health's assessment of hospital provider tax.
- Advised large healthcare provider in a False Claims Act investigation and response to civil investigative demand.
- Healthcare Litigation
- Healthcare Regulatory, Reimbursement & Compliance
- Healthcare Transactions
- Emory University School of Law (J.D., with Honors, 2014) Emory Law Journal (Symposium Editor)
- Georgia Institute of Technology (B.S., with Highest Honor, 2010) Member, Georgia Tech Honors Program
- Recognized as a 40 Under 40 Georgia Muslim by the Islamic Speakers Bureau of Atlanta (2016)
- Member, American Health Lawyers Association
- Member, Health Law Section, Georgia Bar
- Member, Georgia Hospital Association
- Member, Georgia Association of Muslim Lawyers
- Member, National Association of Muslim Lawyers