Lina Machado-Bejarano is an associate in the firm’s Litigation practice group where she helps clients resolve disputes in court as well as before alternative dispute resolution bodies. Having spent time as a judicial law clerk, Lina understands the importance of zealous representation after having the opportunity to observe the adversarial system from a unique perspective.
Before joining Parker Hudson, she worked for two law firms where she provided assistance in a variety of civil matters, including class action settlement proceedings, as well as criminal matters before federal court. Lina also served as a judicial law clerk and an attorney advisor for the United States Department of Justice through the Attorney General Honors Program. For the two-year term of the program, Lina worked with administrative judges conducting research and drafting decisions and advising judges on complex legal issues arising from both state and federal codes and federal regulations.
Lina is deeply involved with the legal Latino community and has devoted her time since law school to supporting the professional development of Latino law students. As part of these efforts, Lina has been involved with the Georgia Latino Law Foundation (GLLF) and most of its programs, including Leadership Academy and Law Day. In April 2020, as a response to the Covid-19 pandemic and the effect it had on summer employment prospects for law students across the state, Lina, along with commercial finance attorney Sarah Banda and DeKalb County State Court Judge, Hon. Ana Maria Martinez, created the GLLF Judicial Internship Program to ensure that those who lost their summer employment prospects due to the pandemic had the opportunity to have a valuable professional experience during the summer of 2020. To this day, with the help of the founding committee and the participation of more than thirty judges across the state, the program continues to offer a meaningful summer work experience to students across the state and it has placed approximately 75 students during the past three summers.
- Assisted drafting class action settlement agreement and settlement agreement related documents on a civil rights violation case*
- Successfully drafted winning motion to sever charges on a federal criminal case before the United States Court Northern District of Georgia*
* Denotes experience prior to joining Parker Hudson.
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Business Torts & Unfair Competition
- Commercial Disputes
- Intellectual Property & Restrictive Covenants
- Georgia State University College of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2019); 2020 Scholarship & Leadership Award; American Law Institute CLE; CALI Award in Immigration Law & Practice
- Georgia State University (B.A., summa cum laude, 2016); Outstanding Undergraduate Award
- Georgia Perimeter College (A.A. with honors, 2014)
- Georgia Latino Law Foundation (GLLF), Co-Director of the GLLF Judicial Internship Program)
- U.S. Department of Justice, Executive Office of Immigration Review (Attorney General Honors Program)