Kennedy is an associate in our Bankruptcy, Restructuring and Creditor Rights practice group. She focuses her practice on representing creditors in Chapters 7 and 11 bankruptcy proceedings. Having worked as a Certified Public Accountant in financial services prior to her law career then clerking for a Northern District of Georgia Bankruptcy Court, Kennedy provides keen financial and legal insights to help clients when creditor rights issues appear.
Prior to joining Parker Hudson, Kennedy clerked for Northern District of Georgia Bankruptcy Court Judge, Honorable Jeffery W. Cavender where she researched, analyzed, and memorialized the application of the Bankruptcy Code and Georgia law to bankruptcy proceedings in draft orders for judicial review.
Kennedy is active in the bankruptcy community and is a member of the International Women’s Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation and an Associate of the Home Drake, Jr. Bankruptcy American Inn of Court.
- Co-Author, Local Bankruptcy Rules: Georgia (N.D. Ga.), Practical Law, WestLaw (2023)
- Author, Critical Vendors in the Retail Apocalypse: How the Economic Crunch Exacerbates the Need for Critical Vendor Codification, 37 Emory Bankr. Devs. J. 139 (2020).
- Bankruptcy, Restructuring & Creditor Rights
- Emory University School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2021)
- University of Iowa, Henry B. Tippie College of Business (B.B.A., magna cum laude, 2015)
- Certified Public Accountant, Active, Minnesota Board of Accountancy
- Associate, Homer Drake, Jr., Georgia Bankruptcy American Inn of Court
- Member, International Women’s Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation
- Mentor, Early Career Professional Accounting Council, University of Iowa
- Member, Atlanta Figure Skating Club
- Member, United States Figure Skating Association
- Northern District of Georgia Bankruptcy Court Judge Honorable Jeffery W. Cavender