Jun 15, 2018
John Elliott is an associate in the firm’s Litigation practice group. He represents a wide range of clients in complex commercial disputes and litigation in both federal and state courts. His analytical approach ensures that he understands all the legal and business considerations necessary to achieving the most efficient results for his clients.
John represents businesses, including financial institutions, employers, and other commercial organizations, in a variety of matters at both the trial and appellate level. Such matters include those involving complex contract disputes, potential tort liability, restrictive covenant violations, and allegations of employment discrimination. John’s focus on reliability and accuracy helps put his clients in a strong position to successfully resolve disputes at all stages of litigation.
- The firm represented a law firm in a government investigation and related civil proceedings involving allegations that deceased managing partner stole millions of dollars of client trust funds over many years.
- Following extensive document discovery and a full deposition of the plaintiff, we were able to secure an extremely favorable, less-than-nuisance-value settlement in response to age, gender, and multiple disability discrimination claims brought by a plaintiff who had been terminated for excessive unscheduled absences.
- Represent veterans organization in connection with tort claims asserted by a female VA employee whose advances had been rebuffed by client's male employee. The plaintiff claimed that client's employee defamed her when he submitted a report to the VA that she had been coming to his workplace and harassing him, which resulted in the termination of her employment with the VA. We filed a motion to dismiss her claims against our client and its employee, and all claims were dismissed in their entirety.
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Appellate Litigation
- Business Torts & Unfair Competition
- Commercial Disputes
- Corporate Governance & Ownership Disputes
- Employment Litigation & Counseling
- Fiduciary Litigation
- Financial Services Litigation
- Intellectual Property & Restrictive Covenants
- Product Liability Defense
- Professional Liability
- University of Virginia School of Law (J.D., 2017)
- Dartmouth College (A.B., cum laude, 2014)
- Legal Research and Writing Best Memorandum Award, Section H, Fall 2014
- Virginia Law Review, Editorial Board, 2015-2017