Aug 19, 2021
Grace Kopache is an associate in the firm’s Healthcare practice group. She focuses her practice on representing healthcare clients in civil and administrative litigation, with particular experience in payor-provider disputes, arbitration and mediation, and judicial appeals.
Grace also advises providers on various regulatory and compliance issues, including fraud and abuse, EMTALA, and Medicare/Medicaid reimbursement. In helping clients navigate a highly regulated industry, Grace combines exceptional writing and analysis with a “leave no stone unturned” approach to advocacy.
- The firm serves as lead counsel for Hospital in connection with State Court litigation, American Arbitration Association Arbitration, mediation of Hospital/physician dispute, and sale of joint venture entity.
- The firm served as lead counsel for health system in connection with American Arbitration Association arbitration dispute with managed care payor alleging wrongful denials of payment for home health services.
- Represent hospital system in response to EMTALA complaint and investigation. Representation included submission of acceptable plan of correction of cited deficiencies and response to CMS termination action and potential OIG action.
- The firm serves as lead counsel for Hospital in appeal of Zone Program Integrity Contractor audit and overpayment determination.
- Represented Navicent flagship hospital in connection with a regulatory appeal instituted by a competing hospital regarding Navicent's authority to operate a hospital outpatient imaging center. Successfully obtained a ruling from the Georgia Court of Appeals overturning a decision of the Monroe County Superior Court and affirming Navient's regulatory authority to operate the center.
- Obtained Certificate of Need for bone marrow transplant program over objection of existing provider. Proved the need for new program and substantial change of circumstances from previous application.
- The firm served as lead counsel in American Arbitration Association arbitration dispute with Medicare Advantage Management Care payor challenging reduced payment associated with Medicare sequestration reduction.
- Health Care: Compliance & Hot Topics Update, Association of International Certified Professional Accountants (AICPA) Health Care Industry Series, December 2020
- Compliance Hot Topics, AICPA & CIMA Health Care Industry Conference in Coronado, CA, November 8, 2019
- Fundamentals of Federal Health Care Regulation, AICPA Health Care Industry Conference in Las Vegas, NV, November 8, 2018
- A Brief Overview of the Medicaid Program, Health Care Compliance Professional’s Manual (Report No. 56, March 13, 2018) (Co-authors: T. Field, J. Rue, G. Kopache)
- Healthcare Litigation
- Healthcare Regulatory, Reimbursement & Compliance
- Emory University School of Law (J.D., with Honors, 2012)
- Cornell University (B.A., 2009)
- Recognized in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch for Administrative / Regulatory Law (2022)
- Order of the Coif
- Managing Editor, Emory Law Journal
- New York
- The Honorable Frank M. Hull, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit