Jun 09, 2022
Elizabeth (Lizzie) Garner represents ﬁnancial institutions, investors and borrowers in a wide range of ﬁnancing transactions, including syndicated, club and bilateral credit facilities. Lizzie has sharpened her skills as a ﬁnance attorney in law ﬁrms and while serving as internal legal counsel for a large regional bank. In-house practice has allowed Lizzie to develop a unique insider’s perspective. Having been a law ﬁrm client herself, she better understands the needs and priorities of her own clients, who appreciate her ability to frame legal issues using plain English and her penchant for being organized, prompt and thorough.
Lizzie has extensive experience in a wide variety of commercial, asset-based, senior secured and leveraged ﬁnance transactions, with speciﬁc industry experience in energy, retail, healthcare, food and beverages, life sciences, and sports and entertainment.
Lizzie is a native of the Atlanta area who balances her ﬁnance practice with a passionate commitment to volunteerism.
- Represented the U.S. subsidiary of a foreign bank in connection with a $20 million asset-based revolving credit facility to a cosmetic product retail company to fund a corporate restructuring.
- Represented an asset-based lender in connection with a $25 million lender finance revolving credit facility using a special-purpose entity structure.
- Represented a major private equity sponsor in connection with $90 million syndicated credit facilities for a provider of emergency preparedness response solutions.
- Represented a leading renewable energy infrastructure investor in its role as sole lender in connection with a $220 million secured term loan facility for a fuel cell system manufacturer.
- Represents large regional bank in connection with all treasury management products and services
- Commercial Finance
- Bankruptcy, Restructuring & Creditor Rights
- Financial Services
- Mercer University School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2009)
- University of Georgia (B.A., cum laude, 2005)
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch: Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law (2021)
- Secured Finance Network (SFNet): "40 Under 40" (2021)
- Board Member, Page Turners Make Great Learners
- Member, Steering Committee, Cathedral of St. Philip Prison Re-Entry Ministry