Mar 18, 2019
Dan Ennis is a banking attorney with a singular focus on closing lending transactions. He has worked with banks, finance companies, and other lenders to provide the secured debt necessary to power growing businesses across the U.S. and internationally. Dan’s energy and business-oriented approach creates the optimal environment for the success of his deals.
Having a concentration in lending work, Dan helps his clients through transactions with a wide range of size and complexity. His deals include single-lender and syndicated credit facilities, often secured by real and personal property.
Dan is committed to the business of his clients and helping them achieve their objectives. His drive and experience help him to see transactions through on time and with favorable terms. Dan’s responsiveness, manner, and focus on the latest developments in commercial finance serve his clients well in closing their deals and retaining their customers.
- Represented a national bank, as agent, in the recapitalization of a lender finance company in providing a syndicated credit facility to lender finance company, along with negotiating complex intercreditor agreements and restructuring the borrower’s cash management in connection with subordinated debt and a captive, separately financed participant.
- Assisted a national bank, as agent, in documenting a syndicated senior secured cross-border credit facility to a lender finance company.
- Represented a national bank, as agent, in connection with amendment, upsize, and extension of a syndicated credit facility to a lender specializing in loans to active and retired military service members.
- Represented a finance company, as lender, in connection with the closing of a credit facility to a heavy equipment dealer, which included construction financing.
- Represented a finance company in connection with a secured financing to a heavy equipment dealer involving documentation of leasehold and fee mortgages in multiple states.
- Represented a national bank, as agent and sole lender, in providing an asset-based senior secured revolving credit facility to a sponsor-backed national provider of treatment for eating disorders, including a debt and lien subordination agreement with noteholders and analyzing the impact of various state and federal healthcare laws on the transaction structure and collateral availability and security.
- Counseled a regional bank, as lender, in a senior secured credit facility to a manufacturing company, allowing the borrower to complete a significant corporate restructuring, add an equipment term loan with another lender, and conduct a sale-leaseback of its primary operating facility.
- Represented a national bank, as agent, in documenting a revolving credit facility for a scrap iron and steel broker that involved railcars as collateral.
- Counseled a national bank, as agent, in amendment and restatement of senior secured credit facility to home improvement retailer, allowing the borrower to continue business expansion through opportunistic acquisitions.
- Represented a national bank, as lender, in a senior secured credit facility to facilitate the turnaround and restructuring of a janitorial services contractor, including a complex intercreditor agreement and ownership structure.
- Panelist: "The Future of LIBOR and Its Replacement," State Bar of Georgia Business Law Section Secured Lending Seminar, Atlanta, GA, March 2019
- Panelist: "The Death of LIBOR", TMA NextGen Lunch Panel, Atlanta, GA, June 2018
- Presenter: "Consignment Issues for the Secured Creditor", Georgia Secured Lending Seminar, Atlanta, GA, February 2017
- Closely Held Businesses
- Financial Services
- Professional Services
- Real Estate
- Business Capitalizations
- Commercial Finance
- Corporate & Business Transactions
- Healthcare Transactions
- Mergers & Acquisitions; Joint Ventures & Strategic Alliances
- Private Equity
- Restructuring & Bankruptcy
- Washington and Lee University School of Law (J.D. 2009) magna cum laude; Order of the Coif; Washington and Lee Law Review
- Furman University (B.A. Political Science and History 2006) magna cum laude; Phi Beta Kappa; Quaternion Society
- Georgia Bar Association
- Atlanta Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Member, Turnaround Management Association (Atlanta Chapter)
- Member, Commercial Finance Association (Atlanta Chapter)