Behrouz Kianian is a skilled commercial finance attorney who thrives on complex deals. He has worked with banks and other financial institutions to complete a wide variety of secured lending transactions. Behrouz’s creativity and business-focused outlook helps build the ideal atmosphere for his clients to structure and close their financing transactions.
Focusing on the representation of commercial lenders and other providers of capital to business, Behrouz guides banks and other institutions through all manner of lending transactions. He has significant experience working with difficult or complicated collateral packages, sponsor-led transactions and acquisition finance, and often works with administrative agents in syndicated debt deals. He also advises his clients in workouts and restructurings and in cross-border transactions. With his deep knowledge of the commercial finance industry, Behrouz can confidently guide lenders through even the most complicated financing structures, responsively and commercially.
- Represented a national bank, as agent for a syndicate of lenders, in providing a $600 million senior secured asset-based credit facility to consumer finance company, which transaction included the negotiation and documentation of complex intercreditor and securitization documentation.
- Represented an investment bank and financial services company, as agent, in asset-based revolving loan to a public company, and subsequent transactions for bank to take lead role in financing from other lender and provide foreign lending facilities, including coordination with local counsel in Canada, UK and Germany.
- Represented senior lender in multi-tiered financing in connection with a new market tax credit transaction.
- Represented U.S. based financial institution in developing lending and documentation strategy for providing an asset-based lending product based on inventory located in foreign free trade zones and controlled facilities which allowed the lender to extend additional financing to borrowers.
- Represented a bank lender in work-out and restructuring of multiple credit facilities with manufacturer, including in connection with Export-Import guaranteed or insured financing products, allowing client to move towards exit from troubled credit.
- Developed credit and security documents for large private equity firm and educated client on secured and asset-based lending, allowing them to enter lending space.*
- Represented lead agent in syndicated first and second lien credit facilities of $500+ million for purchase of debt through a Dutch auction sale process, allowing deleveraging of balance sheet of troubled credit.*
- Represented borrower in multiple credit facilities, including private equity fund facility, to finance the concurrent closing of two separate acquisitions, including international assets.*
- Represented an investment bank and financial services company in connection with a cross-border secured credit facility to a group of companies that specialize in the development, manufacture and distribution of lighting products. This facility involved U.S., U.K., and Belgian borrowing facilities.
- Represented an investment bank and financial services company in connection with a senior secured credit facility to a fast-growing domestic company that supplies consumer goods to retailers in the U.S. and Canada.
- Served as counsel to a regional bank, as agent, for syndicated revolving credit facility for acquisition financing of an aviation services company, including the negotiation of complex intercreditor arrangements.
- Represented a financial services company, as lender, providing a secured revolving credit facility to a manufacturer and distributor of windshield washing fluid and auto accessories.
* Denotes experience prior to joining Parker Hudson.
- Financial Services
- Commercial Finance
- Restructuring & Bankruptcy
- University of Georgia School of Law (J.D. 2008, magna cum laude) Order of the Coif; Georgia Law Review
- Georgia Institute of Technology (B.S., International Affairs, Highest Honors, 2005)